The Four Agreements

4/12/10



One of my favorite books is "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz. Have you read it? It is great to do a personal inventory each morning or evening to assess how you have kept these agreements with yourself for the day. The first is: Be impecable with your word. The Big BooK of AA talks about rigorous honesty with myself and others. Do you keep your word? Are you dependable? The second agreement is: Do not make assumptions. Of course, you are aware of the saying; "to ASSume makes an ass out of you and me.  So do not assume, ask questions. The third agreement is: Do not take it personal. It is more about "them" and their "stuff" than about me anyway. The fourth agreement is: Always do your best. Of course my best is not the same every day. Some days I may accomplish a lot. Other days, I may just thank God at the end of the day for another day clean/sober. Let me know if you have read the book and how it may have helped your recovery. Have a great day!



Sue Judd, M.S.S., L.S.A.C.





Clifford K. Tapusoa, Seminar Director

TurningLeaf Wellness Center Office: 435-652-1202

Website: http://www.TurningLeafWellnessCenter.com



"If you want what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

No comments:

Post a Comment