Synchronicities Are Our Own Miracle

For my birthday, my daughter, Aly gave me the book "Embracing Coincidence" by Carol Lynn Pearson.  It about looking for synchronicity in your daily life.  What a great way to put a little magic into each day.  Did you know that the word synchronicity was brought into our vocabulary by psychologist, Carl Jung?  He developed the word to describe a meaningful coincidence.  Ms. Pearson then quotes definitions from other writers.  I personally like the idea by Frank Joseph in "Synchronicity and You", "Synchronicities are our own miracle and revelations that ground us in the Creator, and guide us in developing a reverence for and comprehension of the creation.  Synchronicity is religion without dogma, wherein all are free to draw their own conclusions from personal experience." What fun to look for our own miracles on a daily basis.  Do you keep a journal?  This, she states, is a good place to record these synchronicities of your life. She suggests telling the story of the meaningful coincidence and then the meaning it might have for you or how it makes you feel.  If there is an action that seems to be suggested then she writes it down and does it.  One of the meaningful coincidences in just reading the book was that she quoted and referenced some of my favorite poems and books:  ie, "The Guest House" by Rumi, and "If I Had My Child to Raise Over Again" by Diane Loomans from her book "Full Esteem Ahead" ( I also found this poem on a Celestial Seasonings Tea Box), and she quotes the book "A Course in Miracles" another of my favorites.  I am going to spend the next few blogs on the synchronicities I have noticed in my life and I would love to hear about yours.







Sue Judd, M.S.S., L.S.A.C.



TurningLeaf Wellness Center -- http://bit.ly/J61O3

No comments:

Post a Comment