Lights In Our Life: Sue Judd, M.S.S., L.S.A.C.

As I was thinking about gratitude this Thanksgiving, I was reminded how there are times when others really are there as support. My oldest daughter, Ami's birthday was the 22nd of this month and she has been the one with the desire to "hold the family together" with family times and traditions. However, this started when she was much younger. After her father and I divorced, I struggled. Carol Lynn Pearson wrote a short poem during her marital struggles which she quotes in her book "Embracing Coincidence Transforming Your Life through Synchronicity". And I quote: "I dim, I dim, I have no doubt, If someone blew, I would go out." During that time I was very "dim" for a period of time and she as the oldest felt the responsibility to make up for that somehow. Ms. Pearson further stated: "Two years later, when I found to my surprise that some life still coursed through my veins, I added a final three lines: 'I did not. I must be brighter than I thought". Thank you, Ami, for your support during that dim time. I know there were scars and I ask your forgiveness. Since it was her 40th birthday, I decided to start a new birthday tradition. I, as suggested in the book, thought it would be appropriate to honor Ami's light. I bought candles for all at her birthday dinner and we each took a moment to think about Ami's light and visualize into her life whatever light she needs for the coming year and also to thank her for her love and support. As each person took their turn their candle was lit. Hopefully, we all recognize those that are "lights" in our life and also recognize our own light and share it with others.







Sue Judd, M.S.S., L.S.A.C.





TurningLeaf Wellness Center -- http://bit.ly/J61O3

No comments:

Post a Comment