Becoming an "Elder of Excellence"

I was referring back to "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louse L. Hay for some information for myself. In 2000, at the age of 74, she wrote in her Afterword: "I like the idea of becoming an Elder of Excellence and seeing the rest of my life as my Treasure Years. And also (I like) teaching other people approaching their later years to become Elders of Excellence and to take their rightful place in society as teachers of wisdom. I believe that we can be vibrant and healthy until our last days and enjoy each moment of life. I, too, have had these thoughts of staying vibrant and healthy. I would like to become an Elder of Excellence in my Treasure Years. My mentor or role model is Doc Moody. As I watch him and listen to him as a therapist, a father and a husband, I know he is an Elder of Excellence who has much wisdom to share. He is overall vibrant and healthy and still enjoys life to the fullest whether at work or play. Thank you, Doc, for your example. As to the "elder" years, I am not far behind you, however, your wisdom and zest for life keep me motivated to be an Elder of Excellence in my Treasure Years.





Sue Judd, M.S.S., L.S.A.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment