THE SIZE OF YOUR HEART

Remember the story of "The Grinch" and how his heart was "several sizes too small?" I thought a lot about the size of my heart this Christmas season. As I pondered about this and the size of my heart, I questioned, has it grown in size in the last year? Am I any more loving, any more caring, any more compassionate and any more forgiving than I was last year at this time. Am I less judgmental of myself and others? Am I more accepting and comfortable in letting go and letting God guide my life? Am I acting more out of love than from fear? Also, I thought about other references to the heart? The Bible refers to one as being hard hearted and not allowing or listening to intuition or spirit. Is my heart larger and softer? Then, I recently read that "an unforgiving heart is a heavy heart". Is more heart lighter and am I more forgiving? How much larger, softer, and lighter is my heart? I would like to think there has been some change, however, I, then, look to the example of Him whose birth we celebrate during the Christmas season and see what love, caring, compassion and forgiving really are. Hopefully, we can all emulate and strive to be a little more like the Master Teacher this year.



Sue Judd, M.S.S., L.S.A.C.


TurningLeaf Wellness Center -- http://bit.ly/J61O3

No comments:

Post a Comment